Monday, February 15, 2010

V-Day

The French macarons turned out better than expected.  Though they were  a bit chewier than intended, a day of refrigeration seemed to firm them up a bit.  After quite a bit of web research, I decided to melded the recipes and advice of the wise chefs at What's for lunch, Honey and Kitchen Musings.  I made a variety of the little almond sandwiches, filling some with chocolate ganache, some with Nutella, and some with lemon curd and presented them this morning to T.  He was quite happy with them, but I don't think he's aware what a feat these cookies were.  A veritable labor of love.
(No, I did not bake these in the toaster oven! That's just my ghetto cooling rack.) 

T, in typical and predictable form, started the day by apologizing for not getting me anything.  He then proceeded to cook me breakfast, humor me by going to listen to the Bangkok Symphony Orchestra in the park (armed with Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc, his favorite wine, and a baguette), and then cook me a simple but delicious pasta dinner with homemade tomato sauce.  Sadly, I did not document the day's cooking.

All in all, it was a relaxing day and I think we both felt special and loved. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails