Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hiding Under a Rock

I was in hibernation mode today.  In the not-so-distant past, before work became busy, I would spend many a day holed up in the apartment.  T would come home after work and ask if I'd been outside at all.  It sounds a bit pathetic, but most days I really enjoyed not having anything to do.

Last week, I tied up the projects I have been working on and while I wait for the next one to land on my desk, I'm hanging out at home.  I hate the idea of pretending to be busy at the office when there's nothing to do and I'm fortunate enough to work in an environment where the only expectation is that you get your work done --however and wherever you'd like.  It's an excellent gig.

Today was a lazy, self-indulgent day of reading blogs for inspiration; trying to get into a new book (The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga); having a saucy lunch at home with T; meeting my friend, L, for a run; and now making plans to bake before T gets home from a networking event that I was happy to miss.  I have a feeling that the next few days will have a similar rhythm, which is fine by me.  There may even be some sleeping in and massages.  Luxury.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails